Remote working has grown in popularity and is set to increase in a candidate led recruitment market, where people demand the freedom to work anywhere they choose.
If you decide to embrace remote working, here are some tips to ensure the team experience is positive and productive.
- Nail your vision and values from the outset and ensure everyone understands and buys into WHY you exist.
- Clarify each job role, including responsibilities and accountability.
- Have a sound performance process to ensure everyone is rowing in the right direction.
- Make sure there is a communication plan e.g. weekly updates, monthly get togethers.
- Support your team via coaching and mentoring.
- Encourage team collaboration through problem solving sessions and project work.
We practice what we preach. Our team all work remotely across the UK!
Want to hear more about remote working? Listen to James Mayes, CEO of Mind the Product on the Recruiting Future podcast (episode 143, August 2018).